M81 and M82





Taken on 15.5.13 on a night without clouds, some haze of course, but a goodish night. The DSLR is giving me alignment problems, in focus one side and not the other, so I reverted to my old M25C, which never seems to drop a beat or get upset with my rough treatment, nice job Terry.
I took 27x300sec frames and the usual flats, then sigma averaged them in Astroart, and finally processed the result in Photoshop.
M81 has a large dynamic range though it may not appear so at the start, and adding the 27 in Astroart produced a burned out core which processing cannot correct. So I'll try again later by adding subsets of 3 or 4, then averaging the subsets.
The lower one is a crop from the upper one, but though that composition isn't the best for this pair, I was trying to get other fuzzies in too, and there are some near the edges. The equipment uses was the 106 and M25C, guided by the H9C in the Vixen, all sat on the 900GTO mount.

No comments: